Join us for this special community family event takes time to remember our loved ones. The memorial Hike-Bike through Henry Cowell Big Trees State Park is a perfect way to honor the path that every life takes. Enjoy, a full day of family activities at Roaring Camp including an outdoor hike or bike through the redwoods, great food, fun, music and games for all ages!
Based on the great success and positive feedback from our first year Hike-Bike attendees, we are taking this event to a new level of family fun at Roaring Camp Railroads and Henry Cowell Big Trees State Park! Save the date and plan to join us from 9am-2pm, as Hike-Bike will include the following family fun and good eats:
- A registration hot breakfast you can take on your hike or bike.
- Scenic Hike or Bike to honor your loved one through the majestic Henry Cowell Redwoods (appropriate for all ages and all levels of activity – choose trails from 2 miles to 7 miles)
- Interactive booths including the “Tribute to a Loved One” tent and our “Friends of Hospice” Oktoberfest booth.
- A Roaring Camp BBQ lunch with all the fixings for adults and children (includes beverages and dessert).
- Face Painting and Bounce House for the Kids.
- Toe tapping, live musicians during lunch.
- Hosted picnic games including tug of war, water balloon toss, bingo, horseshoes, volleyball, softball, gold panning and more!
- Pre-paid parking at Roaring Camp will also be available to the first 65 cars to show for the event.
Pre-Register now and save $10 per person! The pre-registration fee of $25 per person gets you all the fun listed above. To receive your pre-registration discount call Adrienne Meier at 831 430-3086 (Pre-registration is limited to the first 100 folks so call early).
Reminder: Don’t forget to start collecting Hike- Bike pledges from friends, family and co-workers since $50 worth of pledges gets you a 2014 Hike-Bike T-shirt!
All funds raised from Hike-Bike benefit Hospice of Santa Cruz County programs to ensure compassionate hospice care for our loved ones and support grieving families in the community. The funds directly support charity hospice care for uninsured and homeless community members; the We Honor Veterans program; the Pet Companion Program (certified companion dogs and their owners visit our patients); and grief support services for adults and children including a weekend camp that supports grieving children and teens.
Help us raise over $25,000 this year!
Watch a slideshow of last year’s Hike-Bike below:
Community support makes these programs possible. Thank you!