America’s veterans have done everything asked of them in their mission to serve our country. We believe it is never too late to give them a hero’s welcome home.
Our We Honor Veterans program is a partnership with the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Together we are committed to bringing comfort, dignity and quality of life to veterans in our community.
We’re Here for You & Your Family
There are many issues and concerns that arise when you or a loved one are living with a serious illness that can’t be cured. Hospice of Santa Cruz County’s care team members are experts in managing pain and symptoms that come with serious illness. Honoring your wishes and tailoring our care to meet your needs is our top priority and we recognize the special needs of veterans.
Our goal is to:
- Thank veterans for their service to our country
- Provide veterans with an opportunity to tell their stories
- Respect their service, their feelings, and suggestions they may offer for increasing access to care for veterans
- Show appreciation for the families of veterans and support them as they support their loved one
- Link veterans and their families to services and benefits available to them