Palliative Care Services - Salinas and Santa Cruz County
Hospice of Santa Cruz County Palliative Care team members specialize in helping you and your family reflect on your goals for treatment and care. Unlike hospice care, Palliative Care can take place at the same time as curative treatment. Our in-home-based palliative care team works together with you, your family, and your other doctors. This coordinated care helps you manage your illness in the best possible way.
Palliative Care Team:
The Palliative Care Doctor works with you and your primary doctor to coordinate your care and ensure that your pain and symptoms are well managed.
The Palliative Care Nurse makes home visits and provides education regarding medications, disease processes, and symptoms. The Palliative Care nurse will also coordinate your care with your other healthcare providers.
The Palliative Care Social Worker provides emotional and practical support to you and your family and connects you with community resources.
We are honored to serve our patients in Santa Cruz County and Salinas communities to help manage their serious illnesses. Please meet Audrey who shares her story of how our Palliative Care Team has helped her.
The goal of Palliative Care Services is to help improve your quality of life by:
- Managing your symptoms
- Identifying your goals and insuring you have a thorough understanding of your choices for care
- Planning for your future health care needs
- Coordinating your care with all your health care providers
- Providing information about medications including side effects
- Preventing unscheduled trips to the hospital
- Providing ongoing evaluations and management of your care
- Access to the advice line for Palliative Care which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Read more about our Transitional & Palliative Care Services.
Hospice of Santa Cruz County is continuing to build and grow our Palliative Care provider network and currently partner with the following providers:
For a referral to Palliative Care Services, please talk to your primary doctor. If you have any questions about our service you’re welcome to call our professional care team at 831-430-3030.