Join our Legacy Circle and make a difference through a planned charitable gift. Our Legacy supporters are diverse and come from all walks of life. Yet, they have one common interest – to ensure that quality, compassionate hospice care is available for future generations.
When you make provisions for Hospice of Santa Cruz County in your planned giving, you may realize significant charitable tax deductions and other benefits. More importantly, you will know you are helping to bring dignity and comfort to individuals and families when compassionate care is needed most. Call Sally to talk about your legacy 831.430.3033.
If you have already included Hospice of Santa Cruz County in your plans, please let us know so we can thank you in person! Simply complete this form to join our Legacy Circle today!
With a planned gift, you can:
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Reduce your income tax and avoid capital gains taxes
- Provide inheritances for your heirs at a lower tax cost
- Diversify your investment portfolio
- Increase income and effective rate of return
- Leave your legacy without giving up assets
Easy Ways to Leave Your Legacy
There are many ways to make a Legacy gift. Here are a few simple and inexpensive options – small changes that can make a significant difference.
- Retirement Accounts: Hospice of Santa Cruz County can be designated as a primary or secondary beneficiary of all or part of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), or 403(b) account). The forms are easy to change and the gifts are completely exempt from inheritance or income taxes, and they avoid probate.
- Life Insurance Policies & Annuities: A simple change in beneficiary can direct your life insurance policy or other annuities to us. These gifts are also exempt from inheritance tax, income tax, and probate.
- “In Trust” Accounts: Any bank account or stock account in your name can be set up “In trust for Hospice of Santa Cruz County.” You retain exclusive control of the account during your lifetime. Upon your death, the account passes to Hospice without probate or tax.
- Bequests: Through a Bequest, you can make a provision for Hospice of Santa Cruz County in your Will or Living Trust for a specific dollar amount, specific asset or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts that generate income for life: You may choose to create a charitable gift annuity and receive fixed payments for life in return for your contribution.
I give, devise, and bequeath to Hospice of Santa Cruz County, a not-for-profit organization located in Scotts Valley, CA, _______ percent (%) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate as an unrestricted gift to be used at its discretion. (Tax ID: 94-2497618)