Do you belong to a group that would benefit from learning more about healthcare planning, hospice and palliative care, end-of-life options or grief support? We have speakers available to address these topics and more. Whether your group is a large service organization, a small book club, or somewhere in between, our speakers are available to present a broad variety of topics around end-of -life issues. To arrange a speaker or presentation, please contact Shirley Sapena at (831) 430-3078.
Presentations can be tailored to your specific needs or you can choose from one of the following topics:
- Know Us Before You Need Us – understanding Hospice & Palliative Care services, eligibility, access, and payment
- Advance care planning – having the conversation and completing an Advance Directive
- Exploring Grief & Loss – understanding grief and support services available in our community
- Caregiver Support – how to support a seriously ill loved one including care for the caregiver
- Conversations about Serious Illness – how to approach the subject with your family and physicians
Hospice Foundation of America (HFA) Webinars: Hospice of Santa Cruz County partners with Hospice Foundation of America to present educational opportunities on end-of-life issues for professionals and community members. Each event includes the comprehensive HFA webinar followed by a discussion with local panel of professionals. Continuing Education (CE) credits are available. Check our events listings for upcoming webinars.
HFA webinar topics include:
- Managing Conflict, Finding Meaning: Supporting Families at Life’s End
- The Longest Loss: Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia
- Helping Adolescents Cope with Loss
- Improving Care for Veterans Facing Illness & Death
- Spirituality and End-of-Life Care