Hundreds of times each year, patients and families tell us "We wish we had called you sooner." Many people are surprised to learn that hospice can support patients and families for many months at the end of life. When a doctor agrees that a patient is in the final six months of life if the illness runs its normal course, hospice care can begin. Even if the patient lives longer than six months, hospice care can continue with the doctor’s approval.
It may be time for hospice care if you notice your loved one:
- becoming weaker and losing physical abilities
- being hospitalized more often
- needing help with most daily activities such as grooming or eating
- having many illnesses or physical problems at the same time
- losing more and more weight
If you’re wondering about the right time to begin hospice care, now is the time to call. Our helpful staff can answer your questions and help you better understand your options. Calling isn’t a commitment, only an opportunity to learn about your options and become more prepared.
Call (831) 430-3000 and let us share the many ways we can help.