Drop-in Grief Support Group
Fridays at 12:00 pm in Scotts Valley. Please call (831) 430-3000 for directions.
Visit our Grief Support Services page for more groups and information.
4/16/15 National Healthcare Decisions Day
We’re offering free, 30-minute Advance Healthcare Planning Sessions throughout the county in honor of National Healthcare Decisions Day (April 16).
Trained counselors can assist you in updating or completing your Advance Healthcare Directive. We are also offering two Planning Ahead for Peace of Mind forums to provide information that might be helpful as you are planning for your future or the future of your loved ones.
Planning Ahead Forums
- 4/13 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 5271 Scotts Valley Dr.
- 4/17 10 am – 12:00 pm at Community Foundation, 7807 Soquel Dr., Aptos
Advance Healthcare Directive Workshops
- 4/13 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 2-4 pm Dominican Oaks 3400 Paul Sweet Rd. in Santa Cruz near Dominican Hospital
- 4/14 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 1-3pm Mountain Community Resource Center, 6134 Highway 9 in Felton
- 4/15 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 1-3pm Arbor Cove at 84 Blackburn St. in Santa Cruz on the Westside
- 4/16 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 1:30-4pm Scotts Valley Senior Center at 370 Kings Village Rd. in Scotts Valley
- 4/16 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop for Spanish speakers 10am – noon at Hospice of Santa Cruz County’s Center for Compassionate Care located at 65 Nielson St. #121 in Watsonville, on the campus of the Watsonville Community Hospital.
- 4/17 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 10am - noon Watsonville Community Hospital Senior Circle located at 75 Nielson St. in Watsonville
- 4/18 Advance Healthcare Directive workshop 10am – noon Community Foundation located at 7807 Soquel Dr. in Aptos
Please call ahead to reserve your spot: 831.430.3078.
5/6/15 15th Annual Fairways for Kids
Wednesday, May 6
Seascape Golf Course
610 Clubhouse Dr, Aptos, CA 95003
Polish your shoes and grab your tees! Golfers of all levels are invited to join in the Friends of Hospice 15th Annual Dr. Rich Shapiro Memorial Fairways for Kids Golf Classic on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at Seascape Golf Club. The day benefits the HUG (Healthy Understanding of Grief) program for children. Visit our Fairways for Kids page for more information.